This is a new regular feature for 2015. We come across so many interesting articles that we want to share with our fans and friends, so we thought we’d start recording them.
Every Friday*, we’re going to share five links to interesting things. This is mostly on topics that interests us: Shakespeare, gender in the arts, theatre in the UK and so on, but might digress a little, and include the occasional plug.
Hopefully, in time, this will build up into a useful resource. And feel free to send us suggestions – or tweet with the hashtag #sfg5.
- Theatre 2015: a look ahead (BBC News)
- All-Female Ghostbusters: still very very excited about this.
- Parsing Is Such Sweet Sorrow: interesting data, Romeo & Juliet… and a classy pun
- At the Donmar – London Review of Books: a view of the all-female Henry IV last autumn
- The booking page for The Shakespeare Shuffle. This looks good, don’t you think…?
And, since today’s the first Friday of 2015, to celebrate the first edition, we’ll treat you to a bonus extra link:
- Good Tickle-Brain’s Three Panel Plays: brilliant, pithy, and oddly addictive summaries of the Bard – like the one below. (Also, Titus is a highlight)
Happy New Year!
*Okay, most Fridays. Let’s see how it goes, eh…?